The Brazilian butt lift was first developed by Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, a plastic surgeon from Brazil. Dr. Pitanguy believed that every human had a “right to beauty” as he put it, and he developed this procedure with that aim in mind. It’s gone on to become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures around and is often simply referred to as a butt lift or butt augmentation.
Benefits Of A Butt Lift
There are a number of benefits to getting a butt lift including:
- Increased confidence in your appearance
- Better fitting clothes
- Less discomfort when sitting
As you can see, the butt lift is about more than just cosmetic appearance. It can also improve your quality of life.
The butt lift is a multi-stage procedure.
- First, you’ll be given either general anesthesia or IV sedation. Once you’re sedated, fat will be removed from your hips, lower back, thighs, and abdomen via liposuction.
- Second, the extracted fat purified using a process of decanting and centrifugation. This ensures that the fat will survive when injected back into the body.
- Finally, the extracted fat is injected back into your buttocks. This step involves hundreds of small injections to ensure that the result is shapely and natural looking.
Butt lifts are typically an outpatient procedure. As long as everything goes well, you’ll be able to return home the very same day to begin recovering.
Every patient is different, but you can expect it to take anywhere between two to four weeks before you’re fully recovered. During this period you’re going to have to take it easy. Get lots of bed rest, keep up your fluid intake, and avoid any strenuous exercise. You should also try to stay off of your butt as much as possible to give it time to recover. That means sleeping on your side or your front and limiting your time spent sitting as much as possible.
The recovery period is absolutely critical with a butt lift. In order to get the best outcome, you need to follow your surgeon’s instructions exactly. Failure to do this can result in less-than-stellar results or — in the worst cases — some serious complications.
Broadly speaking, the Brazilian butt lift is a very safe procedure. With that said, there are still some potential complications. These include:
- Blood loss
- Fat embolism
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia
Issues such as these are very rare, but they do happen. Your cosmetic surgeon will go over how you can minimize the risk of complications.
Ideal Candidates For a Brazilian Butt Lift
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your buttocks, find that it causes you discomfort when sitting, or makes it difficult to find clothes that fit then you may be a good candidate for a butt lift. Additionally, there are a few requirements that all good candidates must meet including:
- Being at or near your ideal weight
- Being willing to quit smoking for at least a month prior to the procedure
- Being free of any major illnesses or injuries
Now that you know more about the Brazilian butt lift, it’s time to take the next step. Please, contact us at the Florida Center for Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery today for more information or to schedule a consultation.