What Is A Thigh Lift?
A thigh lift, also known as a thighplasty, is a procedure that involves removing fat and loose skin from the patient’s thighs. There are two main types of thighplasty procedures: lateral and medial. The lateral thigh lift focuses on the inner thigh while the medial focuses on the inner thigh.
So, that’s what a thigh lift is. Here’s what the thigh lift is not: a weight loss procedure. On that note, let’s talk more about the ideal candidate for a thigh lift surgery.
Who Is A Good Candidate For A Thigh Lift?
The main purpose of a thigh lift is to remove stubborn fatty deposits and excess skin from your thighs. As such, you should already be at or near your ideal weight before you consider getting this procedure.
So, if you’re at a healthy weight and are still experiencing any of these problems:
- Sagging or loose skin around the thighs.
- Difficulty finding clothes that fit due to disproportionately heavy thighs.
- Self-consciousness about the appearance of your thighs.
then you could benefit from a thigh lift.
How Does A Thigh Lift Pair With Other Procedures?
The thigh lift is often performed in conjunction with liposuction. In fact, many patients have fat deposits that must be removed before they can undergo a thighplasty procedure.
Liposuction is a useful procedure in its own right, but it may not be necessary in your case. Your surgeon will be able to give you more information on combining procedures and whether or not it’s right for you.
Recovering From A Thigh Lift
The thigh lift is a serious surgical procedure, so you should plan for some downtime. Here’s a breakdown of what you can expect from recovery:
- Weeks One And Two – You’ll be spending most of your time in bed resting. These weeks are the most critical for recovery so you should follow your surgeon’s instructions carefully and limit activity to the bare minimum. It’s a good idea to have someone around the house to help you during this period.
- Weeks Two To Eight – Over these weeks you can slowly start reintroducing your normal daily activities, but you should still avoid any jogging or heavy exercise.
- Week Eight Onwards – By week eight you should be mostly recovered. From this point on it’s just a matter of keeping up your healthy lifestyle and maintaining your weight.
Finally, some general advice: if at any time you feel that something is seriously wrong, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your surgeon.
If you’re currently at a healthy weight and diet and exercise haven’t gotten you the results you desire then a thigh lift could be just what you need. Please, contact us today at the Florida Center for Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery to find out if a thigh lift is the right procedure for you.